Sunday, January 20, 2013

Simple Gifts

I love to give gifts.  Not big and expensive gifts, but thoughtful and timely gifts.  I like to remember the little details about people that can turn into a fun gift later--a teachers' favorite soda, a friends' secret weakness for fruit snacks, a sisters' wish for something beautiful.  I love the reaction of a loved one when they receive an unexpected, but "just right" gift.  I love letting people know that they are remembered and appreciated.

The night before my kids went back to school after Christmas vacation, I knew I wanted to send a gift to their teachers.  We are so blessed to have great teachers who love and appreciate my brilliant, yet quirky children.  It has been a hard year to be a teacher at our elementary school.  There have been a lot of unforeseen personal challenges within the faculty and switching to Common Core has left everyone feeling like a first year teacher all over again.  I just wanted to wish them well...but with what?  It was way too late to start homemade bread and I was almost out of Bath and Body Works Foaming Antibacterial Soap (gasp!).


I decided to visit my Pinterest boards to see if there was anything I could do with what I had on hand late on a Sunday night.  I had to do some creative adhesive substitutions and teach myself how to make a fabric flower, but within two hours, I had these sweet little bookmarks all ready to go.  I promised my sister I would include the link if you want to make a bookmark of your own:
http://ourdailychocolate.blogspot.com/2011/06/how-to-tuesday-fabric-bookmark.html

2 comments:

  1. Wow, wish I could whip up something so cute. Way to follow your prompting to do a little service for others, especially during the last few hours of weekend down time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a wonderful person with really amazing talents. I count myself blessed to have been the recipient of your organizational brilliance several times, and to have been on the receiving end of your super-gift giving talent as well. I think of you (oh so fondly) every time I warm my feet in those super socks, and especially when I wear my lovely necklace! xoxoxoxo!!

    ReplyDelete